SPRING DANCE 2018
SPRING DANCE 2018
Classes begin January 8, 2018 and end April 27, 2018
2018 Faculty: Livia Vanaver, Miranda (Moo) Ten Broeke, Juliet ten Broeke, Alena Brocker, and Special Guests
*Please add the $25 nonrefundable registration to your class cart first then proceed back here to select your dance class(es). You will be invoiced separately if you do not add the registration fee here.
>>>Scroll Down for Program Info & Discount Codes.
Discount Codes for Multiple Registrations
You may apply a 5% discount for siblings or multiple classes year round using discount code "Multiple_5"
To register online for more than one sibling, update the quantity of your cart before checkout and fill out only one registration form.
Payment Plan + Offline Reg Options
If you would prefer to pay your Fall Dance tuition in installments, you may download the registration form below and contact the Vanaver office to set up a personal payment plan.
TVC OFFICE CONTACT INFO / Phone: 845-256-9300 / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / 10 Main Street, Suite 322, New Paltz NY, 12561 /
Spring Dance Information, Guidelines, & Class Offerings
Please read the following carefully (or download the information above!)
Class Preparedness Guidelines:
- Students should have snack and use the bathroom before class.
- Send them with a filled water bottle as there are no water fountains available.
- Students waiting to enter class must be supervised. When taking classes with The Vanaver Caravan, you represent the Company. Please treat the spaces we use with respect.
- Shoes should be lined up neatly before entering the dance studio.
- Quiet voices while waiting is a must, no running around.
- During classes at Mt. Laurel Waldorf School there is no place to wait; siblings and parents drop students off before class and pick up promptly afterwards.
- Playground and classrooms at MLWS are off-limits.
- Students must remain in the Community Room until they are picked up.
Barefoot for Modern and Creative Movement. Leotards, leggings, shorts, skirts and sweats are fine. Long hair should be pulled back. Tap shoes are required for Percussive Dance and Tap. Shoes may be purchased at Balletomania in Poughkeepsie. Please visit vanavercaravan.org/shop/ to view The Vanaver Caravan dance bags and other items! A designated bag for dance helps dancers come regularly prepared.
Holiday Closings, Snow Days, Cancellations and Emergency Closings:
- Follow the Mountain Laurel Waldorf School’s schedule for New Paltz classes
- Rondout Central School District’s schedule for MaMA’s classes.
- Closings are listed on cancellations.com.
- NO CLASSES: Jan. 15, Feb. 19, 22, March 26, 28, and 29, 2018.
- Some institute classes will be performing at DanceFest! on February 10, 2018
- All Classes are invited to perform at the Beltane Festival on April 28, 2018
If registering off-line Make checks payable to The Vanaver Caravan. Please pay your tuition in full at this time unless you have made prior arrangements for a payment plan. Do not hand your teachers tuition money, please send or bring to the office. Feel free to CONTACT the office with questions or concerns.
Teens & Adults
Mondays / 5:15-6:15PM / MLWS
This class teaches rhythm and movement through an innovative exploration of dance styles such as Appalachian clogging, tap dance, step dance, stomp dance, flamenco, and body percussion.
Teens & Adults
Mondays / 6:15-7:45PM / MLWS
Our Modern dance program explores the principals of modern dance, teaching practices such as release technique, trust work, improvisation, partner, group, and individual original choreography.
CARAVAN KIDS PROJECT CLASSES
Wednesdays / Ages 8-11 / 4:45-6:00pm / MaMA / Stone Ridge
Thursdays / Ages 7-8 / 4:45-5:45pm / MLWS / New Paltz
Thursdays / Ages 9-12 / 5:45-7:00pm / MLWS / New Paltz
Our Caravan Kids Project classes combine TVC's three signature styles: fusing World Dance, Percussive Dance, and Modern Dance to train children ages 7-12 as official Caravan Kids.
- Through a unique combination of modern warm-ups, games, and exercises, students gain an understanding of modern dance technique while also learning traditional folk dances from all around the world. At the end of each class, we lace-up our tap shoes for Percussive—learning a mix of Appalachian clogging, tap, step, and rhythmic body percussion.
- In addition to learning all these traditions and techniques, all of our Caravan Kids are encouraged to express themselves in a non-competitive and lively atmosphere, working individually, with partners, and as a group to skip, jump, twirl, tap, shuffle, slap, stomp, clog, clap, and sing around the world.
- Students who take these classes have opportunities to perform with us in our annual "Into The Light" Holiday Show collaboration with Arm-of-the-Sea Theater, and Springtime performances in the Beltane Festival Pageant at The Stone Mountain Farm.
Wednesdays / 4:00-4:45pm at MaMa in Stone Ridge
Thursdays / 4:00-4:45pm at MLW School 16 S Chestnut Street, New Paltz
Creative Movement is wonderful introduction to the world of dance. A combination of simple choreography, circle songs, rhythm, shape, and imaginative story-telling gives children a full-range of movement. As a class, we explore what it feels like to move through the changing of the seasons, dance in different atmospheres, take on shapes, emotions, or move as animals. Children become an active part of the class structure—always given the opportunity to explore and express their creativity.