FALL DANCE 2017
FALL DANCE 2017
- Classes begin Sept 11 and end Dec 15 2017.
- Performances: Sinterklaas - Saturday Dec 2 + Into the Light - Dec 16
- No Classes: Sept 20, 21, Oct 9, Nov 22, 23
- 2017 Faculty: Livia Vanaver / Miranda (Moo) Ten Broeke
*Please add the $25 nonrefundable registration to your class cart first then proceed back here to select your dance class(es). Thanks!
>>>Scroll Down for Program Info & Discount Codes.
Payment Plan + Offline Reg Options
If you would prefer to pay your Fall Dance tuition in installments, you may download the registration form below and contact the Vanaver office to set up a personal payment plan.
TVC OFFICE CONTACT INFO / Phone: 845-256-9300 / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / 10 Main Street, Suite 322, New Paltz NY, 12561 /
SIBLING DISCOUNT + MULTIPLE REGISTRATIONS
At checkout, use the sibling discount code to get 5% off your entire tuition. Coupon Code: SIBLING_5
To register online for more than one sibling, update the quantity of your cart before checkout and fill out only one registration form.
Teens & Adults
Mondays / 5:15-6:15PM / MLWS
This class teaches rhythm and movement through an innovative exploration of dance styles such as Appalachian clogging, tap dance, step dance, stomp dance, flamenco, and body percussion.
Teens & Adults
Mondays / 6:15-7:45PM / MLWS
Our Modern dance program explores the principals of modern dance, teaching practices such as release technique, trust work, improvisation, partner, group, and individual original choreography.
CARAVAN KIDS PROJECT CLASSES
Wednesdays / Ages 8-11 / 4:45-6:00pm / MaMA / Stone Ridge
Thursdays / Ages 7-8 / 4:45-5:45pm / MLWS / New Paltz
Thursdays / Ages 9-12 / 5:45-7:00pm / MLWS / New Paltz
Our Caravan Kids Project classes combine TVC's three signature styles: fusing World Dance, Percussive Dance, and Modern Dance to train children ages 7-12 as official Caravan Kids.
- Through a unique combination of modern warm-ups, games, and exercises, students gain an understanding of modern dance technique while also learning traditional folk dances from all around the world. At the end of each class, we lace-up our tap shoes for Percussive—learning a mix of Appalachian clogging, tap, step, and rhythmic body percussion.
- In addition to learning all these traditions and techniques, all of our Caravan Kids are encouraged to express themselves in a non-competitive and lively atmosphere, working individually, with partners, and as a group to skip, jump, twirl, tap, shuffle, slap, stomp, clog, clap, and sing around the world.
- Students who take these classes have opportunities to perform with us in our annual "Into The Light" Holiday Show collaboration with Arm-of-the-Sea Theater, and Springtime performances in the Beltane Festival Pageant at The Stone Mountain Farm.
Wednesdays / 4:00-4:45pm at MaMa in Stone Ridge
Thursdays / 4:00-4:45pm at MLW School 16 S Chestnut Street, New Paltz
Creative Movement is wonderful introduction to the world of dance. A combination of simple choreography, circle songs, rhythm, shape, and imaginative story-telling gives children a full-range of movement. As a class, we explore what it feels like to move through the changing of the seasons, dance in different atmospheres, take on shapes, emotions, or move as animals. Children become an active part of the class structure—always given the opportunity to explore and express their creativity.